Pages

Friday 6 September 2019

Hyperbole

Hyperbole-An exaggeration of facts

E.g My head is killing me!
For each of the following sentences, does it have a hyperbole or not. 
  1. I’m so hungry I could eat a whole elephant! (Hyperbole/Not)
  2. May is the nicest month of the year. (Hyperbole/Not)
  3. Her brightly coloured dress hurt his eyes. (Hyperbole/Not)
  4. The roof rose up and down to the rhythm of the music. (Hyperbole/Not)
  5. I ate all of my salad for lunch.  (Hyperbole/Not)
  6. The dog was so dirty it had a tomato plant growing on its back. (Hyperbole/Not)

Turn each of these into a Hyperbole sentence:
The first is done for you.
An old car- The car is older than the hills.
 
A strong wind.- The wind was stronger than Arnold Schwarzenegger
A headache.- It feels like there is a tornado inside my head.
A fast computer-The computer was faster than lightning
A funny movie-The movie made me laugh so hard I developed a six-pack.

A hot pan- The hot pan felt like lava.
A loud, crying baby- The sound of the crying baby can be heard from space.
Heavy groceries-Carrying the groceries is my weekly workout.
A scary dog-The dog can scare a lion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.