Pages

Monday 27 May 2019

Maths-Measurement

Measurements


What were the main mathematical concepts or ideas that you learnt or that we discussed in class? 
Something I learnt from the past weeks is how to measure the area and circumference of the circle.
A= r²π
C= dxπ


What question do you still have about it?
Who made the formula? How did they come up with the pie and why is it used to measure a circle?

Describe a mistake or misconception that you or a classmate had in class. What did you learn from this mistake or misconception?
I had a misconception of finding the area of a circle by multiplying the diameter by pie instead of the radius which is half of the diameter. I also often forget to square the radius (Multiply it by itself).

What new vocabulary or terms were introduced?
A new word that was introduced to me was 'Circumference' which is the outside of the circle. I was used to calling the outside of a shape, a perimeter that I didn't know a circle has a special word for it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.