Pages

Thursday 22 June 2017

Career Report Science

                              Pharmacist

What Are Pharmacists?

Pharmacists is a type of chermist that are professionals with medicines and drugs. They focus on how to use medicines safely and effectively. 


How much education needed to become one?

In order to be a pharmacist you require to have a university level education to master biochemical mechanism (chemical mechanism that involves living organs)side effects of drugs and how it works. However some countries requires to have Master of pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, or Bachelor of Pharmacy degree.

What are the main purpose and normal task in their job?

There are lots of different types of job as a pharmacist. The most frequent type that you see in hospitals and pharmacies are community pharmacist, they supply their costumers medicine as prescribed to them and advice them on how to use the prescription, instruct them how it works, and what necessities they need to do (exercise, sleep early, time of the dosage, etc). The more professional type are pharmacists that works in healthcare, sometimes they're the one that prescribe medicines to patient or test newly invented drugs on animals to see the effects of it.


How much do pharmacist get paid every year?

They get paid approximately $106,410-$131,440 annualy.


Famous Pharmacist:

The person we will be doing is John Pemberton he was born on 8th of July 1831, he sadly died on 16th August 1888 due to stomach cancer at the age of 57. After he graduated from Unitversity Of Georgia and got a pharmacist degree he went straight to war to be a Lieutenant Colonel. After the civil war he formed a company where he experimented with pharmacuetical products. He was famous for creating Coca-Cola  by accident, he got addicted to morphine and cocaine so he needed to solve the problem  by developing a drink.

2 facts about him:
  1. Pembertons's Partner suggest to have to c's instead of Coca-Kola (Kola if from one of the ingredients).
  2. Pemberton got addicted to morphine but he got banned from it so he did cocaine as a subtitute.

Why I chose to study job:
The reason why I chose this job is because I see a lot pharmacist everytime I go to the mall and always wonder if they do more than distrubute medicines.

Would I want to this job?
No, I'm personally not interested on having an occupation related to medicines.

What skill do I think I have that would make me good/bad at this job and how good will I think I will be at this job.
I don't think I would be perfect for this job because I'm an introvert and I don't like communicating with strangers. Also I forget things easily especially medicines that have long names. I believe that this job is not right for me, I would be really horrible at it because I would be too shy to talk to the costumers.

Asking people in class:
Sarah's response: The only thing she knows about being a pharmacist is dealing with medicines. She doesn't think it would be fun becuase she doesn't want to deal with complicated ''things''. She thinks that she would be bad at this job because she needs to be dilicate around medecine and she's not delicate.

Jeremiah's response:
He doesn't know anything about being a pharmasict. He thinks that it won't be fun because he doesn't know what the job is about. He thinks he would be bad at it because he might give a wrong medicine.



Resources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pharmacist
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/biochemical%20mechanism
https://www.studentscholarships.org/salary/476/pharmacists.php#sthash.WAYRav7d.dpbs 
http://www.insidejobs.com/articles/how-much-does-a-pharmacist-make
https://successstory.com/people/john-stith-pemberton
http://www.pharmacytimes.com/careers-news/5-facts-about-famous-pharmacist-john-pemberton-coca-cola-inventor

1 comment:

  1. Miss Richardson22 June 2017 at 14:40

    Kia Ora Sofia, this a very well researched article, I love that you have included a bibliography so that I can go and find out more information. I wonder how much money you could make working as a pharmacist, is it more than a doctor?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.