Pages

Wednesday 5 September 2018

Traditional Tales

Traditional Tales

In English, we are learning about traditional tales, we got given a reading matrix where we can choose what task we can do to show our learning, but before making anything we had to read a story. For one of out task. I chose to make a clay model of the story that I read which is The Hare and The Tortoise.

I started by making an experiment with the colours of the clay to match with the colour of The Tortoise. Then I started with the shell, I rolled the clay and flattened it a little bit and pushed the middle to give it a curvy shape, I filled the holo shell with dark green clay as the tortoise's body and stuck the head on the top by rolling a small bit of clay and flattening the sides. After creating the model of the tortoise, I tried to sculpt it with a wood stick with a pointy end, I started by carving a hole in the area of the eye and replaced it with black clay, I also carved a hole in the nose area of the turtle to give it a more realistic look, I tried to somehow make the shell look like a tortoise's shell so I carved hexagon-like shapes on the back.













After making the tortoise I started making the hare, like the tortoise, I mixed different coloured clay to make the colour of the hare but I also ended up failing at it, by the time I started there was limited clay left so used what I had left which is brown and mixed it with yellow to somehow make it look like a brown peachy colour but the colour ends up looking like a poo. After trying to make the colour of the clay look as much as the hare, I went on youtube and looked for a tutorial on how to make a hare with clay.


What am I learning?
I am learning to read different types of traditional tales.

How does this work show my learning?
I made a clay model of characters from a story that I read.

What am I wondering?
Why did the author write on his perspective and not either of the hare or the tortoise's.


2 comments:

  1. I like how you added images to you blog post to make it look more persistence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great work Sofia I really like your turtle you made it looks amazing keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.