Pages

Monday 10 April 2017

Scientific repport on paper planes

Aim:
To use my understanding of forces to try to construct a paper plane that is stable and flies in a straight pace.
To see who builds the best paper plane by distance by measuring it.

Hypothesis:
Everytime I toss my paper plane it goes the opposite direction but If I throw it backwards it will go the way I wanted, I believe that it will fly about approximately 1.5m.

Forces on Paper Planes:

Lift⬆️,Gravity⬇️,Thrust➡️and Drag⬅️.
In order for the Aeroplane to fly in a straight pace, the forces needs to be balanced.










Methods:
I constructed the plane that is currently holding the world record. I figured that if I use the world record plane it would help me win the class competion.

This is the video that helped learn how to make the plane.⬆️


Results:
My plane flew straight about 3.5 metres at first but curved and bumped into an object and stopped.

Discussion:
I've learnt the different forces on a plane. If I would do this again, I would fold my paper planes more carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.