Pages

Wednesday 19 February 2020

Language Features-English

I am ready to learn because...
I am ready to learn because I am motivated to learn all the different language features so I can apply it to make my writing more interesting.

My learning goals are...
My learning goals is complete and write creative writing language features

I know that achieved this when I can write examples of

  1. Consonance 
  2. Understatement
  3. Epistrophe
  4. Anadiplosis
  5. Assonance
  6. Hyperbole
  7. Alliteration 
  8. Personification
  9. Metaphor
  10. Oxymoron
  11. Epizeuxis 
  12. Epanalepsis
  13. Anaphora
  14. Onomatopoeia 
Consonance-The roses started to decay, the wind withered away, and the sun shone on the bay
Understatement-(There’s an earthquake) “I guess the ground decided to shake a little”
Epistrophe-What is a laptop?  A device you can stream videos in, that’s a laptop. Technology that allows you to search through the web, that’s a laptop. A piece of device you can get lost in that’s a laptop. Would consider getting a laptop? 
Anadiplosis-Having a rubbish bin leads to cleaning, cleaning leads to productivity, productivity leads to work, work leads to exhaustion, exhaustion leads to death.
Assonance-having a fight is right,  the way to fight is through your might.
Hyperbole- I’m so exhausted that if I sleep now I would wake up in the next generation.
Alliteration-An angel accompanied an alligator admirably.
Personification- The rubbish bin opened its mouth up and down as trash went down its throat.
Metaphor-His eyes were a swirl of hot, steaming chocolate. 
Oxymoron-Students one-by-one left the room making the room seem a little big.
Epizeuxis-Go ahead and grab it. Go ahead and work on it. Go ahead and conquer it.
Epanalepsis-The mirror reflected sadness in her eyes but happiness was all the mirror reflected.
Anaphora-Girls, they are the most delicate creatures, Girls, they can’t break a bone. Girls, they poop rainbows and sunshine. Women, they are strong. Women will not easily give in. Women will fight for their rights.
Onomatopoeia- The wrinkled man took a step forward. Crack. His bones felt weak.
Chiasmus-To heal is to have time, to have time is to heal.




To engage in the connectivities learning process, I will need...
I will need websites, videos and a dictionary.

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.