Pages

Thursday 4 May 2017

The Physics Of Tug Of War(Friction)

Carpet
Concrete
Grass
Lino


Prediction:
 I believe that out of all of them Carpet or concrete will have the most friction because the surface is rough and  have lot of grip. So it will be the easiest to play tug of war first. Lino will be harder because it smooth and easy to slip in. Grass depends on the weather, wether it's wet or dry. Wet grass will be slippery because of the mud but dry grass will be easier to play because the grass is helping us grip.

Conclusion:
What did I find out?
I discovered that the carpet is the best for tug of war. I had a lot grip while pulling the rope. Based on my experience on the experiment I think that the most friction is the carpet and the least is the grass because it was slippery.



How was it a fair test?
The same people participated and did the same thing that we did for every ground that we tested.

Something I'm wondering.
Why does bumpy surface have the most friction.

Carpet:



Concrete:



Grass:


Lino:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.